Saturday, December 1, 2007

Modell's Sweepstakes

When searching for my next promotion to write about it was hard to escape all the holiday promotions but I finally found a sweepstakes for Modell's that is not holiday related to switch it up a bit. An article I read discussed how Modell's Sporting Goods is running a sweepstakes for "a spring training trip with a novel teammate spin to build its customer database." People can register as a team captain and submit the name and e-mail of a prospective team member on the Modell's Web site starting this past Friday. The captain will then receive a positive or negative response from the teammate and in the case of a positive response, Modell's adds another name to its database.

The winners receive a weekend trip for two to see a Major League Baseball spring training game in St. Petersburg, FL. I think this sweepstakes will receive a very positive response as it is very interactive. Also, almost all promotions that have to do with sports succeed. There are many people who would love to win a trip to spring training - I know I would! Modell's states that their goal is to build traffic to their Web site and database. I think they will be very successful in doing so.

I actually do not have a Modell's in my home town so I have never been there. But I have heard great things about it and after visiting their Web site they seem to have a wide variety of sporting goods. If you are confused about the whole "team" concept as I was at first, visit the portion of Modell's Web site that explains the concept. It is really a great idea!

The article discussed was found at: http://www.modells.com/corp/index.jsp?page=teamweek&clickid=body_teamweek_txt

1 comment:

Kim Gregson said...

2 weeks - 4 posts - 20 points